Volunteering at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
- Do you like marine animals?
- Is education your passion?
- Do you like to meet and talk to new people every day?
If so, then we need you! There are over 15 volunteer positions available at Gumbo Limbo! Our volunteers contribute over 30,000 hours annually! We could not survive without the tireless efforts of our capable, dedicated volunteers… people just like YOU!
A Few Benefits of being a Volunteer at Gumbo Limbo:
- 20% Discount in the Gift Store
- Eligibility for Volunteer of the Quarter and Year awards
- Volunteer appreciation events
- Free or discounted programs
- Opportunity to meet new people and learn new things
- HAVE FUN!
The Volunteer Program is housed under The City of Boca Raton.
All Volunteers Must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Attend training sessions
- Submit a $35 fee which includes the cost of one volunteer shirt, name badge, and training manual
- Schedule an interview with Debbie Wilson.
Call or email Rebecca Mannen (561-544-8538) to set up an interview TODAY!
Download, print and complete the Volunteer Application here.
Gumbo Limbo Volunteer – General description; applies to all volunteer positions.
Below is a list of our specific volunteer opportunities.
- Welcome Desk/Guest Services
- Marine Aquarium Guide
- Aquarist Assistant
- Animal Husbandry (Non-Sea Turtle)
- Green Thumb
- School Program Assistant
- Summer Camp Tours Assistant
- Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Educator
- Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Husbandry
- Crafting Crew
- Exhibits Crew
- LUNA – Performer and Escort
- Office Assistant
VicNet: Online Scheduling for Current Volunteers
Active Volunteers may access VicNet to update their schedule by clicking the link below:
Click here for the Volunteer Manual (PDF).