Interview, Film, and Photography Requests
Thank you for your interest in filming activities and/or interviewing the team at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center. Please see below for more information and restrictions on filming sea turtles.
- Most filming and commercial photography activity requires a permit from the Palm Beach County Film and Television Commission (including student requests and drone use).
- Wedding or photo shoots require a Special Event Permit from Recreation Services. For further information, call (561) 367-7081.
- All requests should be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance and are dependent on staff availability.
- All interview and media requests will be coordinated through the City’s Communications & Marketing division. Please submit requests indicating subject, deadline, and questions to Chrissy Gibson, Communications and Marketing Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sea turtles in Florida are protected through Florida Statutes, Chapter 379 of The Marine Turtle Protection Act and by the United States Endangered Species Act of 1973. For more information please visit the FWC webpage or contact them at 888-404-FWCC.
- All of Gumbo Limbo’s work on sea turtles is conducted under state and federal permits.
- Filming of sea turtles at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center and in the City of Boca Raton may be approved by the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Coordinator or Marine Conservationist under the following conditions:
- Filming does not interfere with the day-to-day operations of the rehabilitation facility or conservation program.
- No repositioning of a turtle is requested.
- No cameras or equipment are placed in water with a turtle.
- Filming only uses natural light and occurs during daylight hours.
- The work portrays a genuine conservation message.
- The requestor and crew follow all instructions from staff.
- Any requests that do not meet the above conditions may require additional approval from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.