Join us as we celebrate World Oceans Day
On World Oceans Day, people around our blue planet celebrate and honor the ocean, which connects us all. Get together with your family, friends, community, and the planet to start creating a better future. Working together, we can and will protect our shared ocean.
Saturday, June 8, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday, June 9, Noon - 4:00 pm
- Community Mural and Pledge to Protect the Ocean - South Side of the Nature Center
- Learn About Microplastics…a Major Problem! – Classroom
- Photos with Sea Turtle Ambassador, Luna - Classroom
- Saturday - 11:00-11:30, 12:00-12:30, 1:00-1:30
- Sunday - 12:15-12:45, 1:15-1:45, 2:15-2:45
- Recycled Materials Flamingo - Sculpture by Albert "Tony" Bevilacqua – Ramp to Deep Aquariums
- Crafts, Games, and Activities – Lawn Between Outdoor Aquariums
- Create Your Own Recycled Art with Kelsey Schmitt – Under the Building near Shipwreck Aquarium
- Clearwater Marine Research Institute's Marine Debris Bus - Parking Lot
- Food Trucks (Reggae Beets, Kona Ice) and Dining – Front Lawn
No charge for crafts and activities, refreshments are for purchase.