On World Oceans Day, people around our blue planet celebrate and honor the ocean, which connects us all. Get together with your family, friends, community, and the planet to start creating a better future. Working together, we can and will protect our shared ocean.
Saturday, June 8, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday, June 9, Noon - 4:00 pm
- Visit the Nature Center for a children's coloring activity to make a pledge to protect the ocean.
- Visit the classroom to learn why microplastics are a major problem.
- Games and activities on the lawn by the Outdoor Aquariums
- Create your own recycled art with Artist Kelsey Schmitt
- Take your photo with Luna, our sea turtle ambassador, in the Lab.
- Saturday - 11:00, 12:00, 1:00
- Sunday - 12:15, 1:15, 2:15
- Clearwater Marine Research Institute's travelling exhibit, the Marine Debris Bus, in the parking lot
- Food trucks on the front lawn (Reggae Beets, Kona Ice)
No charge for crafts and activities, refreshments are for purchase.