We Need Your Support - How You Can Help
Your donation to Friends of Gumbo Limbo will support educational activities, programs, and projects at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center. Friends of Gumbo Limbo has provided crucial support for projects, activities and initiatives including:
- Veterinary care and essential supplies and equipment for animals and marine turtle patients in our Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Facility.
- Stranded sea turtle response teams and emergency treatment.
- Sea turtle nest monitoring and conservation programs.
- Environmentally-based educational programming for students attending field trips to the center and assistance in transportation costs for schools without funding for field trips
- Cultivation of various plants that attract beautiful butterflies to our Butterfly Garden and preservation of our mangrove-lined Intracoastal waterway and hammock.
- Maintenance of on-site marine ecosystems.
- New exhibit creations and current exhibit maintenance
- Underwriting for the Eco-Watch programming
- Underwriting for the annual educational and fun Sea Turtle Day Festival to educate the public and celebrates the start of Sea Turtle Nesting Season.
- Our robust scholarship program which strives to help high school and graduate students to pursue careers in marine science. Gordon Gilbert and Charles N. Kurucz scholarships currently offered.
NOTE: This is the general donations page, if you wish to join Friends of Gumbo Limbo's membership or renew a membership, please click here. We appreciate your support!
If you wish to make a contribution to our Save the Tower, please click here to make a contribution towards our campaign to raise funds to rebuild the tower at Gumbo Limbo. Thank you so much for your support!
If you are interested in talking to us about our projects, sponsorship opportunities, or major gifts, please give us a call at 561-544-8608 to set up an appointment. You may also donate right now, below! Thank you so much for your support!