Make an Immediate Impact! Your donation to Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards supports educational activities, programs, and projects at the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center and beyond.
Over the past 30 years, Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards have provided critical support for countless conservation initiatives.
Every single dollar makes a difference. Here are some of the projects we’ve helped fund with support from Coastal Stewards like you:
- Veterinary care and essential supplies and equipment for animals and marine turtle patients in our Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Facility.
- Stranded sea turtle response teams and emergency treatment.
- Environmentally-based educational programming for students attending field trips and assistance in transportation costs for schools lacking funding for field trips.
- Cultivation of various plants of our Butterfly Garden and preservation of our mangrove-lined Intracoastal waterway and hammock.
- Maintenance of on-site marine ecosystems.
- New exhibit creations and current exhibit maintenance.
- Underwriting for the Eco-Watch programming.
- Co-hosting for the annual educational and fun Sea Turtle Day Festival to educate the public and celebrate the start of Sea Turtle Nesting Season.
- Our robust scholarship program which strives to help high school and graduate students to pursue careers in marine science. Gordon Gilbert, Don Stone, and Robyn Morigerato scholarships are currently offered.
- Our “Fill the Tanks” campaign for the aquariums at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
While one-time donations are a pillar of Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards, recurring memberships are the best way to show your support. Official Coastal Stewards receive priority access to all turtle release events, as well as first notice for all educational and conservation opportunities. Please visit THIS PAGE to become a Coastal Steward.
We are always eager to bring new Corporate Coastal Stewards into the fold. Show your company’s dedication to conservation, and receive exclusive event visibility for your brand. Please visit THIS PAGE to become a Corporate Coastal Steward.