Become a Coastal Steward
Support Sea Turtles & Other Marine Life
The absolute best way to support sea turtles and other marine life in our area is to become a Coastal Steward. For as little as $35 annually, you directly facilitate the rescue, rehabilitation, research, and release of sick and injured turtles.
The perks don’t stop there however- our Coastal Steward members receive first access to exclusive events including beach walks, cleanups, and hatchling & rehabilitated turtle releases.
Coastal Stewardship is a lifestyle that knows no bounds, so we happily welcome out-of-state members. Monthly virtual education events, as well as additional virtual experiences ensure that you don’t need to be near our coasts to help protect them.
For stewardship questions, please email Andrea Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 561-544-8608.
Here are some of the projects we’ve helped fund with support from Coastal Stewards like you:
- Veterinary care and essential supplies and equipment for animals and marine turtle patients in our Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Facility.
- Stranded sea turtle response teams and emergency treatment.
- Sea turtle nest monitoring and conservation programs.
- Environmentally-based educational programming for students attending field trips and assistance in transportation costs for schools lacking funding for field trips.
- Cultivation of various plants of our Butterfly Garden and preservation of our mangrove-lined Intracoastal waterway and hammock.
- Maintenance of on-site marine ecosystems.
- New exhibit creations and current exhibit maintenance.
- Underwriting for the Eco-Watch programming.
- Underwriting for the annual educational and fun Sea Turtle Day Festival to educate the public and celebrate the start of Sea Turtle Nesting Season.
- Our robust scholarship program which strives to help high school and graduate students to pursue careers in marine science. Gordon Gilbert, Don Stone, and Robyn Morigerato scholarships currently offered.
Your Support Matters
*Based on 2021 IRS 990 Form