Plan Your Visit
Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
1801 North Ocean Boulevard
Boca Raton, FL 33432
phone: (561) 544-8605
fax: (561) 544-8617
Hours & Admission
Gumbo Limbo Nature Center and Property is open:
Monday - Saturday, 9 AM - 4 PM
Sunday, 12 PM - 4 PM
Note: The FAU Gallery is closed for renovations until further notice.
We are closed:
New Year's Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, & Christmas Day
All Nature Center facilities, including outdoor areas and parking lots are closed outside of our regular hours.
Suggested $5.00 donation per person
Click here for a map of the property
There is free parking on site. There is no beach parking permitted at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center. Additional parking is available in the Red Reef West parking lot, at the south end of our boardwalk (note: this is metered parking).
For the safety of our Visitors, Volunteers, and Staff, all outdoor facilities including the boardwalk, trails, Aquariums, and Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Facility, are closed when lightning is in the area.
Help us Stay Clean and Safe!
- If you plan to pack a lunch or a snack, use the picnic facilities located at Red Reef West, at the south end of the boardwalk. Picnicking is not permitted on Gumbo Limbo property. Food invites unwanted wildlife interactions to our facility that can be harmful to the animals we have on exhibit, as well as visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Pets (with the exception of ADA recognized service animals) are not permitted anywhere on Gumbo Limbo or Red Reef property.
- Proper attire (no bathing suits), including shirts and shoes, are required at all times. Sunbathing is not permitted on our property.
- Most areas are wheelchair accessible.
- Our boardwalks require extensive upkeep and are not designed for rough use. Bicycles, roller blades, roller skates, scooters, or other recreational vehicles are not permitted on our boardwalks. Wheelchairs and strollers are permitted on the boardwalks.
- Minors are required to have adult supervision at all times.
- Smoking is prohibited.
Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is located at the north end of Red Reef Park. Click here to get directions.