Turtle Walk & Hatchling Release Programs & Tickets Sales
Did you know that last year we had RECORD HIGH loggerhead nesting in Boca Raton? This equated to a nesting loggerhead turtle being seen during 75% of our TURTLE WALK PROGRAMS! Our Turtle Walk Programs include an ecology walk on the beach, so even if we aren’t able to see a nesting turtle, we do enjoy an evening walk on the beach.
While we can’t guarantee you will see a turtle on a Turtle Walk, you will see baby sea turtles scurry into the ocean during our HATCHLING RELEASE PROGRAM. Did you know Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is one of only three facilities in Florida permitted to conduct public Hatchling Release Programs?
Tickets must be purchased in advance for both of these programs and tickets sell out. No tickets are sold at the door. General Public Tickets are $17 each. Existing Members of Friends of Gumbo Limbo may purchase a specific number of tickets (based on Membership Level) for $10 each. Scroll down for ticket limits.
Turtle Walk Ticket - Phone Orders: Beginning on Monday, May 20, Turtle Walk Tickets (only) will be available for sale over the phone; however please note that due to limited staffing, your call might not be answered until the next day. For this reason, we recommend that you purchase tickets in person if you are able.To purchase tickets over the phone, please call 561-544-8608. We ask for your patience in receiving a return call, as staff is limited. See below for availability.
Turtle Walk Program 2013 - Tickets On Sale Now
Note on Ticket availability:
When a specific date has less then 10 tickets left, we will note number of remaining tickets below. While we will do our best keep this list updated, please note ticket availability is subject to change without notice. Updated 6/17 at 3:30 p.m.
Hatchling Release Program 2013 - Tickets On Sale in July
Programs from 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Programs from 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Membership Levels & Ticket Limits
Members may purchase additional tickets during the General Public Ticket sale at full price
General Public Ticket Sale Limits
Additional Information about These Unique Programs
Friends of Gumbo Limbo Members have long had the opportunity to purchase tickets before they went on sale to the general public. This benefit continues for the individuals and families that join our Friends of Gumbo Limbo Membership Program before the Members-Only Ticket Sale. Current Members are eligible as long as they do not allow their membership to expire. Membership upgrades must be completed before the Members-Only Ticket Sale. Members are not guaranteed tickets, however they are given first opportunity to purchase a set number of tickets based on their Membership level.
Please note you are not guaranteed to see a nesting sea turtle on Turtle Walks. Over the last few years, we have witnessed a nesting turtle on about 60% of our walks. On Hatchling Releases, only permitted Gumbo Limbo staff is allowed to handle and release the sea turtles.
We are limited to the number of programs we can hold, and to the number of people who can attend each program by the guidelines stipulated in our Marine Turtle Permit, issued by the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Ticket limits and sale dates are firm. We are unable to accommodate private walks or releases, or group reservations. 75% of the tickets will be made available during the Members-Only Ticket Sale, and the remaining 25% will be held for the General Public Ticket Sale.
We will generate a waiting list once the tickets have sold out. We will call the list, in order, if there is a cancellation. Usually, cancellations are received the day of the program, so please leave a phone number that you can likely be reached on a weekday. Please note we receive very few cancellations for these programs. There are no refunds.
Because of the popularity and limitations of these programs, if you cannot attend the program you purchased tickets for, regrettably, we are unable to reschedule you for another night. We can add you to the waiting list. We would appreciate a call letting us know you cannot come, so that we can call someone on the waiting list. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable, and may not be resold.
We appreciate your understanding of the guidelines we have placed on these programs. Our goal is to provide these tickets to both our Members and non-members alike in the fairest way possible. We apologize for the inevitable disappointment felt by the many that are unable to obtain tickets for these programs. Thank you for your continued support of the Boca Raton Sea Turtle Conservation and Research Program and the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
For questions about Tickets Sales, click here or call 561-544-8608.
Other Permitted Hatchling Release Program Locations: